Do you want to make a difference for at risk youth in your community? Are you interested in being part of a unique organization delivering equine facilitated learning programs to youth, benefiting their social and emotional growth?
Urban Stable serves youth in our community from grades 5-12 who are facing obstacles, adversity, and struggling at school.
We provide four unique Equine Facilitated Learning Programs (school program, alumni program, summer camp, Leaders in Training program), that help facilitate social wellbeing for our students and encourage them to develop new skills and relationships they can use at school and at home.
We currently partner with many schools across several School Divisions and community organizations. Over the past 20+ years Urban Stable has served the needs of 700+ youth and is well positioned for growth.
We are currently seeking 2 people to join our dynamic volunteer Board of Directors with experience in ONE or more of the following areas:
- Human Resources and Policies
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Accounting: CA/CPA designation
- Fundraising – individual donations, major gifts, grant writing
- Event planning and sponsorship
- Website design and management
- IT Governance
As a member of our board, you will have opportunities to:
- Be part of a dedicated and passionate team of board members, volunteers and staff working together to make a difference for youth in our community
- Use your skills to contribute to decision making, governance, strategic planning, marketing, financial management, etc.
- Broaden your professional and personal networks
- Learn more about equine assisted learning and its benefits
Type of Position: Volunteer
Requirement: 4-6 hours/month with majority of Board and committee meetings held virtually
Duration: Board members are elected for a two-year team (with opportunity to renew for an additional term)
Experience: Previous board experience desired but not necessary. No horse experience needed.
Location of Opportunity: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Note: Board members are subject to a criminal record check and child abuse registry check
If this opportunity interests you, please include the following in your application:
- Brief resume
- Brief letter of interest highlighting how you can contribute to the board
Inquiries and applications can be sent to: email@example.com
For more information, please visit Urban Stable on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or www.urbanstable.ca