Do you want to make a difference for youth in your community? Are you interested in being part of a unique organization delivering equine facilitated learning programs to youth, benefiting their social and emotional growth? If so, we invite you to consider a position with Urban Stable’s Board of Directors.
Urban Stable currently provides Equine Facilitated Learning Programs to youth in grades 5-12 through four unique programs (school program, alumni program, summer camp, Leaders in Training program). We currently partner with 20 schools within three School Divisions and two community organizations. Our programs promote the development of life skills for educational, professional and personal goals through experiential learning with horses. Urban Stable is a not-for-profit charitable organization and is accredited by the Canadian Therapeutic Riding Association. Over the past 15 years Urban Stable has served the needs of 550 youth and is well positioned for growth over the next few years.
We are currently seeking 2-3 people to join our board of directors with expertise and experience in ONE or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising/ Marketing
- Accounting/ Financial Management/ Business
- Education/ Social Work/ Psychology
- Equine Assisted Learning/Therapy
As a member of our board you will have opportunities to:
- Be part of a dedicated and passionate team of board members, volunteers and staff working together to make a difference for youth in our community
- Learn more about equine assisted learning and its benefits
- Broaden your professional and personal networks
- Utilize and/or gain skills in decision making, governance, strategic planning, marketing, financial management, etc.
Type of Position: Volunteer
Requirement: 4-6 hours/month to begin September 2017
Duration: Board members are elected for an initial two-year team (with opportunity to renew for an additional term)
Experience: Previous board experience desired but not necessary
Location of Opportunity: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Note: Board members are subject to a criminal record check and child abuse registry check
If this opportunity interests you, please include the following in your application:
- Brief resume
- Brief letter of interest highlighting how you can contribute to the board
Deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, May 26th, 2017.
Send applications to: email@example.com