Do you want to make a difference for youth in your community? Are you interested in being part of a unique organization delivering equine facilitated learning programs to youth, benefiting their social and emotional growth? If so, we invite you to consider a position with Urban Stable’s Board of Directors.
We are currently seeking 2-3 people to join our board of directors with expertise and experience in ONE or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising/ Marketing
- Accounting/ Financial Management/ Business
- Education/ Social Work/ Psychology
- Equine Assisted Learning/Therapy
As a member of our board you will have opportunities to:
- Be part of a dedicated and passionate team of board members, volunteers and staff working together to make a difference for youth in our community
- Broaden your professional and personal networks
- Utilize and/or gain skills in decision making, governance, strategic planning, marketing, financial management, etc.
- Learn more about equine assisted learning and its benefits
Type of Position: Volunteer
Requirement: 4-6 hours/month from Sept. to June (start date September 2020 or sooner as available)
Duration: Board members are elected for a two-year team (with opportunity to renew for an additional term)
Experience: Previous board experience desired but not necessary. No horse experience needed.
Note: Board members are subject to a criminal record check and child abuse registry check
If this opportunity interests you send you resume and brief letter of interest highlighting how you can contribute to the board to: firstname.lastname@example.org