Do you want to make a difference for youth in your community?
Are you interested in being part of a unique organization delivering equine facilitated learning programs to youth, benefiting their social and emotional growth?
If so, consider a position with Urban Stable’s Board of Directors.
Urban Stable currently provides Equine Facilitated Learning Programs to youth in grades 5-12 through four unique programs (School Program, Alumni Program, Summer Program, Leaders in Training Program). We currently partner with 20 schools across four School Divisions and several community organizations. Over the past 20+ years Urban Stable has served the needs of 700+ youth and is well positioned for growth.
We are currently seeking two people to join our Board of Directors with expertise and experience in ONE or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising – individual donations, major gifts, grant writing
- Event planning and sponsorship
- Website design, management, and Marketing
- IT governance
- Human Resources and Policies
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
As a member of our board you will have opportunities to:
- Be part of a dedicated and passionate team of board members, volunteers and staff working together to make a difference for youth in our community
- Broaden your professional and personal networks
- Utilize and/or gain skills in decision making, governance, strategic planning, marketing, financial management, etc.
- Learn more about equine assisted learning and its benefits
Type of Position: Volunteer
Requirement: 4-6 hours/month (start date September 2022 or sooner as available)
Duration: Board members are elected for a two-year team (with opportunity to renew for an additional term)
Experience: Previous board experience desired but not necessary. No horse experience needed.
Location of Opportunity: Winnipeg, Manitoba
Note: Board members are subject to a criminal record check and child abuse registry check
If this opportunity interests you, please include the following in your application:
- Brief resume
- Brief letter of interest highlighting how you can contribute to the board
Deadline for application: Friday, August 19th, 2022
Inquiries and applications can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit Urban Stable on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter or www.urbanstable.ca