Urban Stable is currently looking for a youth work driver, with experience working with and transporting youth, to join our dedicated and dynamic team. We are looking for a passionate, energetic, reliable, and experienced driver to provide student transportation to and from the program location using the program vehicle – a 7-passenger mini-van.
Urban Stable, founded in 2001, is a registered charity, in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and is an accredited Canadian Therapeutic Riding Association (CanTRA) centre. Urban Stable empowers youth to engage in their education and community and achieve personal success through hands-on learning experiences with horses. We partner with local school divisions and community partners to provide equine experiential learning and riding programs to youth in grades 5-8, who are struggling at school, assisting them to develop vital life skills such as confidence, self-esteem, and self-awareness. Our programs are proven to increase student attendance and engagement at school and in their community.
- Transport students at scheduled times to their Urban Stable class and back to school in Urban Stable vehicle
- Record day-to-day vehicle milage, perform regular vehicle maintenance tasks such as refueling, washing, and cleaning up of garbage at the end of a day/shift as needed
- Provide day-to-day feedback to Program Director regarding student pickups e.g., if student is absent from school or sick
- Liaise with Program Director regarding student pick-ups e.g., if student is absent from school or sick
- Report to Program Director
- Need to have weekday daytime availability (approx. 9:30am-5:00pm)
- Need to be available up to 3 days a week (Tues/Wed/Thurs) for approximately 12 hours a week during program time
- Comfortable driving for durations up to 1hr – 1.5hrs with pick up and drop off on route
- Must have clean driver’s licence with positive points on driver safety rating scale and no driving infringements e.g., speeding tickets, traffic offenses etc.
- Must be experienced driver e.g., experience driving on gravel, highway driving and in rain and snow
- Must follow all federal, provincial and city driving codes and laws
- 25 years of age + preferred
- Must have held full driver’s licence for at least 5 years
- Need to show dedication and commitment to the position
- Recommend have experience driving youth
- Must have experience working with youth and youth struggling with challenges
- Must pass a criminal record check, child abuse registry check and submit a current driver’s abstract
- Must sign all Urban Stable waivers and agree to abide by all Urban Stable policies
You will have the opportunity to work with a great team that is passionate about providing life-changing programs for at-risk youth. Your approachable and encouraging character, along with your experienced driving and youth leadership skills will help more youth achieve personal success and build vital life skills like confidence and independence that transfer back to their classroom, family, and community.
Three-month probationary period in effect.
Driver will have routine performance evaluations with Program Director.
Training and mentoring will be provided to all approved candidates.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.
Interested individuals are invited to submit their cover letter and resume along with two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.