Do you want to make a difference for youth in your community? Are you interested in being part of a unique organization delivering equine facilitated learning programs to youth, benefiting their social and emotional growth? Are you ready to take action? If so, we invite you to consider a position with Urban Stable’s Board of Directors.
We are currently seeking 2-3 people to join our dynamic board of directors with expertise and experience in ONE or more of the following areas:
- Fundraising/ Marketing
- Accounting/ Financial Management/ Business
- Education/ Social Work/ Psychology
- Equine Assisted Learning/Therapy
As a member of our board you will have opportunities to:
- Be part of a dedicated and passionate team of board members, volunteers and staff working together to make a difference for youth in our community
- Learn more about equine assisted learning and its benefits
- Broaden your professional and personal networks
- Utilize and/or gain skills in decision making, governance, strategic planning, marketing, financial management, etc.
Type of Position: Volunteer
Requirement: 4-6 hours/month to begin September 2019
Duration: Board members are elected for an initial two-year term (with opportunity to renew for an additional term)
Experience: Previous board experience desired but not necessary
Location of Opportunity: Winnipeg, Manitoba
If this opportunity interests you, please include the following in your application:
- Brief resume
- Brief letter of interest highlighting how you can contribute to the board
Deadline for applications is 4:00 p.m. on Friday, June 14th, 2019.
Send applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Urban Stable empowers youth to engage in their education and community and achieve personal success through hands-on learning experiences with horses.